I was walking down the street,
All by myself.
No one by my side.
It was dark and the street lights were dim,
There was a dog sleeping at the side of the road,
And an old man curled up on his cart.
Another man, walking, lost in his own world.
He passed by me and I understood he was drunk.
I thought to myself," Why did he drink?"
Is it out of pleasure or is he hurt...
But the answer was not known.
I moved on...
And was thinking of those nights when we used to walk together,
But now am walking alone, all alone.
I remembered those promises you made,
But now i know those were all fake, made to be broken.
You used to say that you'll never leave me,
But now am all alone.
I remember those times when we used to talk,
And after every alternate word you would speak about your love for me,
If by any chance i spoke of leaving you,
You said you would consider it to be your death day.
If i had the slightest scratch you used to cry,
But now i cry...
And, and when we used to be in cafes
Lost in each others eyes,
People used to call us the perfect couple,
But what happened??
Why did you leave me so broken?
Did'nt even look back for once,
And that rose plant in the cafe,
Which we used to see, the flowers to bloom everyday,
For once i said its beautiful and you wanted to pluck it for me,
But they did not allow you, and you got so angry.
Then you told me to wait and left the cafe,
You returned after an hour or so,
And there was a rose in your hand...
I was in tears and did not know what to say.
I still have the rose but not you........
Back from my thoughts, i suddenly felt someone was there,
I felt it to be you and my heart skipped a beat,
I looked back right at the moment,
But found.....
It was not you, but my own shadow walking with me.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ur great, aap kafi achchi likhti hai,main apna dost manali ko khojraha tha or aap ka bhi naam manali hai is liye galti se aap ka profile khul gaya. aap bhi kafi achchi likhti hai meri manali dost ki tarha.tc khuda aap ko khushi de..... mai apne dost manali ko khichuga hoon, aur aap ka yeh now that i walk alone kafi achchilagi.
Post a Comment